Tuesday, March 4, 2008

MPPA 2008 Part Two

This photo was taken by J. Kyle Keener himself. For those of you not in the photo world, he is a god among students and professionals.


Now that I have some what caught up on my sleep I'm willing to share some more photo's and stories with.

What is MPPA?
MPPA is an acronym if you didn't guess by now for Michigan Press Photographers Association.

In short is a conference/competition where once a year all of the MPPA members get together. The competition is judged by three judges who sit in a darkroom with a giant projector screen and go through all of the photo's and work submited. It is a long yet exciting process.

Then at night the photog's are unleashed throughout the hotel and we do crazy stuff like have portfolio critique's, and set up a photo studio.

We even take on young children in basketball.

And we even stand around in circles in take photo's of each other.

No matter what we do though it, it is guaranteed to be a good time, and a great experience. I met some many people who taught me a lot over a three day period. I feel rejuvenated and inspired to keep doing to what I'm doing.
Thanks all.





No comments: