Sunday, November 14, 2010

An inny and an outy

Inny
mtpfootball_A_01
Mount Pleasant head coach Jason McIntyre hugs wide receiver Ryan Heeke Saturday after defeating Cadillac, 17-7, in the Division 3 Regional Finals.

Outy
wide_mt
I made this frame with a wide angle lens waiting for time to expire on the clock and the celebration to begin.

There was some running, yelling and hugging, but the real moment came when the two teams lined up to shake hand and off in the distance coach McIntyre, with a smile on his face, gave Heeke a hug. McIntyre is an intense coach and when I captured this I knew it was rare moment and the moment.

2 comments:

Sean Proctor said...

I'm more of a moment guy, but to be honest, I think the "outy" is the better frame. The Inny is too tweeny with the light pole sticking of the center of the kids head. Had you moved a bit to the right and placed them right against the sky, it's way better. The outy is cool though. Nice action, good timing, and a nice layer on the right side with the hand against the players back. My two cents.

Neil Blake said...

Second one rocks.