Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Nadine's, a family tradition

nadines02
Nadine Voisin, 64, of Mount Pleasant attempts to the cut the hair of William McClintic, 2, as he reaches for his mother Rachel Friday afternoon at Nadine's Beauty Salon, 701 E. Michigan St. Voisin has owned her shop for 44 years and has been cutting four generation of McClintic family hair. When asked why the family comes back to her Nadine said with a laugh, "Because I'm good."

nadines01

Since William didn't get a haircut and either did any of his other family members the assignment was looking like a wash. I stuck around Nadine's and photographed a few of other appointments and made photos of her doing what she does.

As I came back to the office I was a little disappointed William wasn't cooperating. As I edited through photos I realized how valuable and story telling the top photo is. Had he sat in the chair and had his hair trimmed the photo would have been just that. Instead I was able to create a unique moment in the life of both William and Nadine.

No comments: