Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Maple Building

maplebulding
construction_blog

The Maple Building, the old elementary school in Shepherd, Mich., was being torn down.

When I arrived on scene I took my typical construction photos and I knew if I waited long enough somebody would pass to stop and look at what was going on.

It was cold, but I was dressed warm and I was set on coming back to the office with something different.

I remembered a similar conversation when I was in college and a fellow photograph had to photograph an apartment which had been vandalized with spray painted swastikas.

He came back with a generic photo of stair case and spray painted swastikas. Brett Marshall's reaction was, "Where is the little girl jump roping."

I posted early about waiting. Persistence and patients always pay off.

It's not perfect, but it feel victorious.

All three photos took an hour of waiting and happened within about five minutes of each other.

No comments: