Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Working through the gitters


Saying I was nervous can't describe the emotions that were going through me on Saturday when I freelanced for The Midland Daily. 

My assignment was to shoot spring football at Northwood University. The whole day I felt sick to my stomach and I was doing my best to keep myself calm but nothing was really helping. I wanted to impress them. I wanted to break out of my shell and produce an outstanding image. 

Above is what I came out with. As Kevin said it's ok, but not mind blowing. I agree but I just wish I knew how to make those images I see everyone else producing. I've been shooting for a full year now and I see myself getting there but I can't help feel frustrated with myself at the same time.

2 comments:

Alexander Stawinski said...

Matt-
You already are what you want to be man.
I suck and still suck on a daily basis. haha.
Hope all is well.
Keep it still.
-AL

Neil Blake said...

So at work today I didn't have much to do, so I was cruising through the archive.

Man, my first assignment for Midland was the same way. On top of that, I mispelled a word in the caption. I thought my photo career was over. Try try again, eh?