Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Burned out

I've been to busy with things lately. Not enough time to shoot, not enough passion, or drive right now. I'm so busy juggling my personal life, work, weddings, my other job, feelance stuff, unpacking, and some where in between trying to have a social life and sleep that making photo has taken a back seat. I'm afraid I have lost the eye, the touch, the passion; something doesn't feel right and I hope I can fix it.





These are my friends Norm and Chris. Amazing, amazing people. They used to be in a band called Versa. Chris is going to be a doctor; Norm a millionaire retiree by age 28. (No joke) So the story is they got together this weekend to jam and play some music and stood around and took a few photos.




This is Laura and her sister. Don't know what it is about this picture but it reminds me of being a child. Laura is the girlfriend of Chris. Chris and Norm rocked out in Laura's parents giant garage/barn. There were so many photos to take on that farm. They were every where I looked, but I couldn't bring myself to click the shutter and make the photo. I want to go back now because I regret not take the opportunity.

2 comments:

Juice said...

I'm in love with the second photo.

Really beautiful moment and great ambient light.

Jake May said...

I agree. You have not lost your eye or touch. That second photo is amazing! Great composition. The moment and lighting are pristine. This is a great image. I love it. Keep it up. :)

By the way, props to Norm for helping me with my dislocated knee in May. He deserves to be a 28-year-old retiree.