Sunday, July 6, 2008

Camp Quality 2008

Maybe the reason I do Camp Quality is a little selfish, but there are different types of selfishness and I think this falls into the later category. The selfishness I experience at Camp Quality is when I come here, I come here to learn about myself. The experience here reminds me how much I take things for granted in my life. I use this place as a reality check for myself and at the same time volunteer my time to make photos and memories for those come here.


Meet Klevis. He is a young child who has experience and survived more in his short few years on Earth than you and I have combined. I met Klevis last summer here at camp, he was a sickly child, who who couldn't walk on his own. Klevis NEVER smiled, mostly because he was often tired and in pain so this photo is was extremely special to his mother and his companion. Most importantly I want to note that I remember him being extremely upset at the fact he didn't have hair like the rest of the kids; via the reason for the hat nearly over his ears in this photo. Klevis received his last chemotherapy treatment on his last day of camp in 2007.



Meet Klevis 2008, with hair, and winning at life and UNO. Amazing how things change in a year. I see so many children here who have completely turned around physically, mentally and socially. Klevis is a great example of how to not let life take you down with it. Klevis raises his hands in joy. "All done, I win."

No comments: