Friday, August 1, 2008

A few more I promised



This antique car auction was one of the most difficult things to shoot. It was blistering hot out, people were hot, sweaty and tired. They drove a car into the auction, people bid on it, they drive it out. Repeat this routine about 100 more times and you have my day. I did alright though and I produced to ok images out of it. Nothing mind blowing by any means, and if I get a chance this coming week maybe I'll put another image up.



I have never been a fan of the Dutch Tilt but it works in this case for me and there was something about this photo when I made it that sparked something inside of me. I don't know if I like the lines, the colors, the moment I don't know. Maybe it was the fun of standing on the edge of something shaky 15 feet in the air.


And here we are starting August already. I'm not sure what I did with my summer, and I know I didn't accomplish things I promised to myself. For those of you who don't know I will be leaving CM Life as the photo editor to take on a new responsibility as the photo intern at the Saginaw News. I want to state something loud and clear so everyone can hold me to it; I Matthew Stephens will work on atleast one photo story while I am there whether for print or portfolio. I made this promise this summer and I failed to do this. There are a lot of reasons, but we all know they are excuses so it is time to shit or get off the pot.

No comments: