Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The 'Hurricane'


I want you to meet Chaz Hurricane Sykes. He is from Saginaw and he is 6. "I want to be a boxer," said Sykes when asked what he wanted to be when he grew up. Chaz received this unique middle name from his great grandfather whose boxing call name was Hurricane.

This is the portrait they ran in the paper. It wasn't my favorite of the takes, but rarely does the picture I like actually run. Non the less I love this photo because it to me it encompasses everything I'm missing in my life. I miss being a kid and having dreams. The older I get the more cynical I become. I'm afraid before long I won't have any dreams or ambitions left. The only thing I have in common with Chaz is a messy bedroom.

I guess in some ways I will never grow up.


No comments: