Sunday, October 19, 2008

I hate parades

The nice thing about interning in the fall is there are few parades this time of year and for the most part I have been successful in avoiding them. However my luck ran out Friday when I was told I had to shoot Saginaw Heritage's Homecoming Parade.

Among the generic and monotonous shots of floats, people walking, and kids picking up candy I managed to make a few photos. Of the two I loved, one ran and the other didn't so I was contempt with that but I really wish one of these would have made it.

By the way which variation do you like of this photo.




The story behind these photos:
Something I have learned along the way is to get their early and leave late. This isn't always possible when your on deadline, but I always find my best shots either come at the beginning or the end. I was running a little late because of other assignments and apparently I wasn't the only one running late. This young homecoming court member was even later. Their giant black Escalade came rushing up next me and out jumped this young woman and her mother who immediately began fixing her daughters dress. I know it's not the best photo, but I'm really attached to these for some reason. Maybe because I saw this and then saw the potential for photos like it had I been there in time.

No comments: