Thursday, October 30, 2008





I'm officially ready for the election to be over. I really haven't covered much election stuff except when it comes to silly stuff like mock elections for the occasional neighbor feud over signs. And it's not that I dislike elections or the process, but more so the people. In all honesty I'm tired of 15 year-old kids wearing Barak Obama shirts, marching in parades and telling everyone they know what is good for America.

Your probably going to assume that I hate Obama and because these kids political views don't fit mine I'm upset. Well, your probably half right, but the whole truth is do these kids really know what they are talking about?

For example at The Saginaw News we have this really annoying process of getting name, middle initial, hometown, age, and if your under 18 your parents info. So I'm at high school taking these photos with uptight kids who think because they come from the corn fields of Saginaw they got street credit. I can't begin to tell you about the fight I got in with a student who thought it would be funny to try and knock me over with all my equipment in hand, but this is all getting of track so back to the point. The point is I get their information and ask for their parents and they have no clue on how to spell their names. Ladies and gentlemen this is our future. I'll give them not knowing their parents age, but the spelling of names? I just stared blankly at these kids as I asked them questions and watched them reply with just sheer stupidity. What did you learn from this process? "It's important to vote." How did this teach you that? "Um.., because this election is the most important in our history."

Really? You learned it is important to vote because this election is important? So what are you going to do when X-President is up for election and you eligible to vote. Student after student, dumb answer after another.

Look for the next post because I found out how much smarter first graders are compared to high schoolers. It will blow your mind.

No comments: